Friday, November 25, 2011

Gracias!!!!

Thanksgiving was yesterday and I'm enjoying my time w/ my family, good food and relaxation.

This year has been a whirlwind of a year w/ each month bringing some new surprise or development.  But, with all of the craziness that 2011 brought, I'm still grateful for a lot of things: (in no particular order)

My niece - She's the cutest, sweetest little thing and I'm going to enjoy being the aunt (slash god mommy) that spoils her and then sends her home to her parents.  When she gets older, I'm looking forward to baking w/ her, shopping w/ her and singing songs w/ her in the car.  Until then, I'll settle for lots of hugs and kisses and rounds of Itsy Bitsy Spider.

My family - The never cease to love and support each other.  It's an awesome example of unconditional love.

A job - In this economy, having a steady paycheck is definitely something to thank God for everyday.

A sense of purpose - I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have a clue about what I was put on this earth to do.  And even though I don't know all of The Plan, I'm grateful for what God has revealed to me so far.  It helps to guide my decisions and definitely keeps life interesting.

AWESOMAZING friends -  It's true that as we get older, we have fewer and fewer close friends.  The ones that I have are great!  I'm thankful for people are willing to listen, give advice, offer truth, laugh, eat and encourage.

Those are just a few things I'm grateful for this year.  And if the last few months are any indication of what's coming, then 2012 is going to be very exciting and there'll be plenty more to be thankful for. 

No comments: