Friday, December 16, 2011

Tis the Season to...Bake! Yum!

It's nearing Christmas and I'm in the mood to bake yummy desserts.  Yesterday, it was Cinnamon Sugar Butter Cookies (as the Mrs. Field's recipe calls them, but others mistake them for Snickerdoodles).  Today it's Apple Pie.  This weekend, I think I'll make Mexican Wedding Cookies for a potluck I'm going to as well as another apple pie (my coworkers killed the one I brought today).  :-)

For some reason, I've always loved baking.  It's something that I'm looking forward to doing w/ my kids.  I want to be the mom that ALWAYS has baked goods for the kids to come home to, for them to share w/ their friends who come to visit.  I want to be the mom that sits down w/ Little Dionna w/ milk, a cupcake and fruit (gotta encourage good habits) at the end of a school day and listens to her share everything that happened that day.  I want to be the mom that's at all of Little (enter Husband's name here)'s soccer/basketball/lacrosse games cheering on the sidelines and ready to provide a congratulatory or consoling hug afterwards.  I want to be a very hands on parent that doesn't pretend to have all of the answers, but is willing to experience new things with my kids, be their #1 fan, but still put the fear of God in them so that they don't act a fool.  :-)

Does anyone else ever think about the type of parent they'll be?  Or is it just me? 

No comments: